Go-Ride Coaching Sessions
Spring series registration opens on 4th March, 2018
What is Go-Ride? Go-Ride is British Cycling’s development programme for young people. The programme provides a fun and safe way to introduce young riders to the world of cycle sport and provides a platform to improve bike handling skills.
Venue: South Winchester Park and Ride, Hockley Link, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 2FG (entrance is off M3 junction 11). This is a safe tarmac environment closed off to traffic.
Age Groups: Aged 6 and above, 5/6 different groups based on ability not age.
Format: 55 minutes structured coaching following the successful British Cycling national Coaching program delivered by qualified British Cycling Coaches. Followed by a mini crit race around the Park and ride circuit.
Equipment: A Bike (road, hybrid or MTB), a crash helmet, gloves and a drink. It is important to wear appropriate clothing (including gloves) for the weather conditions and suitable shoes such as trainers. No sandals or flip flops. At the start of each session a bike check will be performed.
Spring Series 2018
There will be six sessions in the series:
- Spring Series 1 – April 15th
- Spring Series 2 – April 22nd
- Spring Series 3 – April 29th
- Spring Series 4 – May 6th
- Spring Series 5 – May 13th
- Spring Series 6 – May 20th
Summer Series 2018
The six sessions in the Summer series:
- Summer Series 1 + bonus trial day – June 17th
- Summer Series 2 – June 24th
- Summer Series 3 – July 1st
- Summer Series 4 – July 8th
- Summer Series 5 – July 15th
- Summer Series 6 – July 22nd
Autumn Series 2018
The six sessions in the Autumn series:
- Autumn Series 1 – September 9th
- Autumn Series 2 – September 16th
- Autumn Series 3 – September 23rd
- Autumn Series 4 – September 30th
- Autumn Series 5 – October 7th
- Autumn Series 6 – October 14th