Club Rides Set to Recommence
We are really pleased to announce that VC Venta club rides will recommence from the end of March 2021, subject to government guidance.
Dates for your Calendar
Tuesday 30th March – Tuesday Evening Rides
Sunday 4th April – Sunday Club Rides
Following the government’s recent announcement on easing lockdown, from 29th March cycling in groups of up to 6 people will be permitted again. For the time being, we will continue to follow the guidance related to COVID-19 track and trace with the following processes in place.
- To conform to the guidance set out by British Cycling, we need to track who is in each group
- For Sunday Club Rides we are using the VC Venta Sunday Rides Booking Form, please ensure you register before 9 pm on the Saturday prior to the ride
- If you have the NHS COVID-19 app, you will be able to check-in on the day using a QR code. This is not necessary if you have already registered using the form above.
Sunday Club Rides
• We will be organising all three Sunday Club ride speeds 14, 16 and 18• For each speed, there will be one or more groups of up to 6 people depending on how many people turn up• All rides will depart at 08:30 am from the Winchester Hotel & Spa car park on Worthy Lane; however, the meeting point for each ride will be separated• The Club 18 ride (18 to 20+ mph) will meet on the exit side of the car park• The Club 16 ride (16 to 17 mph) will meet in the car park on the opposite side from the Hotel• The Club 14 ride (14 to 15mph) will meet at the normal meeting location
Tuesday Evening Rides
• Depending on the number of participants, there will be one or more groups of up to 6 people• Again depending on participants, there will be either a Chain Gang, an A Ride or a B Ride. Please see Tuesday Evening Summer Rides for details• Pre-registration is not required for the Tuesday Evening rides but a participating member will be required to confirm attendance
• Please arrive at the club ride meeting points no earlier than 10 minutes before the start time and maintain social distancing of 2 metres between you and any other rider whilst waiting• At present we are unable to accommodate guest riders so the rides will only open to VC Venta Club members, including 2nd claim members• Please do not consider joining the rides if you have COVID-19, have symptoms, or are isolating as a contact, or if someone you live with is shielding, or you are shielding• Make sure you come equipped with spare tubes, tool, pump etc. to minimise contact with others as these should not be shared• Once a ride departs we will be unable to pick up additional riders, this ensures that each group is no larger than 6 people• Please ensure you are at the meeting point before the ride start time, even if you have registered, the ride will not wait for you to start
Further information about safe riding can be found on the British Cycling website and we recommend that anyone coming along to the VC Venta club rides are familiar with this advice. British Cycling COVID Guidance