Tuesday Evening Training Rides
The rides start at 7pm from the old Hargroves Bike Shop on City Road. Currently there are two or three choices of ride, depending on numbers:
- Fast – target 20 mph
- Medium – target 18 mph
- Slow – target 16.5 mph
The routes are usually planned so that the groups converge at least once on the way round to allow a bit of mixing and matching. That’s the theory anyway.
- For June 17 it will be route number 3 from the routes directory page
- For June 24 it will be route number 4 from the routes directory page
- For July 1 it will be route number 5 from the routes directory page
- For July 8 it will be route number 6 from the routes directory page
- For July 15 it will be route number 7 from the routes directory page
- For July 15 it will be route number 1 from the routes directory page
- For July 22 it will be route number 2 from the routes directory page
- For July 29 it will be route number 3 from the routes directory page
- For Aug 5 it will be route number 4 from the routes directory page
Start: 7:00PM · End: 9:00PM · Location: Hargroves Bike Shop (as was)31Jul
Thursday Eve Training Ride
A hard training ride on a fast flat route (20-22mph with two out and backs from Littleton to Kings Sombourne then Three Maids to Sutton Scotney. This enables riders to turn around (or wait) if they are struggling then latch on later. Starts from the Winchester Hotel Further details.
Start: 7:00PM · End: 9:00PM · Location: Winchester Hotel03Aug
Sunday Club Ride
Start: 8:30AM · End: 12:30PM · Location: Winchester Hotel03Aug
Women/Girls & Under 23 Males – racing technique training
Mark Adams and Dave Jowett from British Cycling, assisted by VCV coach Michele Ward are running the following training sessions at the South Winchester Park and Ride, open to VCV members to compliment the Club’s existing Go-Ride programme: Women/Girls and Under 23 Males - racing technique training
Start: 9:00AM · End: 11:00AM · Location: WInchester (South) Park & Ride
About VC Venta
VC Venta is a cycling club based in Winchester for cyclists seeking an active club-riding and racing scene. Our members come from Winchester and the surrounding area. We pride ourselves on our friendly atmosphere and opportunities for progression for cyclists of all ages. The club has many experienced cyclists who can offer advice and guidance on every aspect of the sport.
We take part and organise events across most aspects of cycling, all year round. The club is affiliated with all the major racing organisations to cater for those wanting to race, time trial and cyclo-cross. We are also actively engaged in supporting many other local cycling events.