Join the Venta Segment of the Month Competition
VC Venta is hosting its ninth annual Segment of the Month competition during 2023. A friendly competition, open to all current VC Venta club members.
The simplified competition has a single Strava club created to allow us to host and manage the challenge effectively. The previous year’s Strava club remains the same and has simply been updated and renamed for 2023. See below for the correct Strava link.
Each month a different Strava segment will be selected. Whoever records the fastest time (male and female) over the segment is the stage winner. Placings in each individual month contribute to the overall General Classification (GC) competition for the year.
As per last year’s competition, monthly prizes have been kindly donated by the South Downs Social café, comprising as follows:
Each Monthly winner (women's and men's competition)
One complimentary coffee and cake at SDS for the women's and men's fastest time (winner) that month
Overall winners in the GC for the year
Select a Handmade Cyclist mug or espresso cup of your choice from the range at SDS to the women's and men's overall GC winner.
- The competition is open to all current members of VC Venta
- You must have a personal Strava account and join the VCV SOTM 2023 club on Strava.
- Join the Strava Club
- Record a time on the nominated segment between 00:01hrs on the 1st of the month and 20:00 on the last day of the month (20:00 cut off is to allow enough time to consolidate results before the ‘monthly’ analysis disappears in Strava)
- Only your best time counts so have as many goes as you like
- Your time must be recorded on a human-powered bicycle!
- Time trial bikes can only be used on specific nominated stages
- At the end of each month the top 10 riders will be announced (male and female) and respective KoM and QoM points awarded.
- Over the course of the year there will be a good mix of flat, rolling and mountain stages, that will contribute cumulative points towards the General Classification (GC) competition
- Equal points are awarded to both competitors in the event of any tied times
- All stages must be ridden solo for your time to be counted
- There will be 10 stages (January to October). The riders (male and female) with the highest cumulative points across all stages (GC) will be declared the 2023 winners
- The organiser’s decision is final in any dispute
- A reminder that the rules of the road must be observed and the safety of yourselves and others is always the first priority
- Please note that the club’s own insurance covers this competition for third party claims, however, any participating rider is strongly advised to make sure they have in place their own personal cover for injury or damage to equipment.
GC: 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points in descending order for 1st to 10th places
One nominated segment will be the Queen Stage with double KOM/QOM points.
Suggest a Segment
We’re keen to include your favourite local Strava segments in this year’s competition.
Please send recommendations for any Strava segments you’d like to see included to [email protected].